Saturday, July 4, 2015

My Crazy Mom life




Hello - And welcome to my blog. If you are here, it's probably because you clicked on one of my posts about one thing or another that was interesting. Or maybe you are a MOM. And possibly crazy. If you were not sure if you were the only crazy one - I am here to say no. We are all crazy. And (imo) if you are a mom then crazy is just part of the normal every day. Because being a mom is crazy. Crazy fun. Crazy tired. Crazy busy. Crazy Crazy Crazy! And I love it all.  This blog is about my adventures as a crazy mom. The things we do. The things we make. Our life and all that it entails.You will notice (if you follow along) that I will post in spurts. And in no specific order. I post as I think of things. Or as we do them. Things we enjoy or things that save us time or money -if not both. I will post food recipes, cleaning recipes, things to do for fun, things to do for your own sanity. Read what is helpful to you. Leave comments if you would like. But I do get distracted with this crazy life so if I do not post often, it could be because of the craziness. I always eventually come back to posting things. Like I said - it goes in spurts. I welcome you all to enjoy what I have to share, and then you can take from it what you need and pass it on to others that might be able to use it too. 

So let me introduce myself -
My name is Beckey. I was born in early December, many moons ago. My photo (above) was taken just a few years back. That wonderful older lady there is my grandmother. But she did raise us, for the most part, so I always thought of her as my mom. She was one of the greatest women I have ever known. She reached the age of 98 before she passed on. We laid her to rest on my 40th birthday. And I couldn't bring myself to even acknowledge my birthday for a long time afterwards. My wonderful husband arranged a 'surprise' party one night several months later. This coming birthday will mark 3 years since her passing. It does not feel like its been that long. It still seems like just a couple months ago. I dream of her often. And still think of her every day. I am not sure that I won't continue to for the rest of my life.
I am the mother of 4 children that are growing up fast. In fact, my oldest child is now a legal adult. How did that happen??!!??  I still cannot believe it. How the years fly by.  I have 2 daughters and 2 sons. And no matter what age they are, I am still a crazy mom. Newborn to full grown adult. The crazy starts the second you bring life into this world. And it never stops. Oh, some things change and get easier for sure. But others take over on the crazy scale. I don't think I have any more time now than I did when they were babies. Or any more sleep. No. Pretty sure I am still running around crazy all the time. But these days its not with a bag full of diapers and wipes or extra clothing for the child that didn't quite make it to the potty in time. Or 2am feedings. Now its run to this venue or that. Take me to the pool. Take us to the movies. Lets go hiking. Or fishing. Or exploring. Come help me build the koi pond. Or feed the ducks. Lets make bath fizzies. Or perfume. Or massage oil. Lets make cookies or snacks. Or the 1am text from the child that is having an almost panic attack from the spider or other scary creature they see on the wall and cannot move or it will attack them. Or a movie they just watched that freaked them out. Yup. that has happened. And more than once. This is my life now. And I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment